Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sonata Arctica - Still loving you.



The old Scorpions classic!

I used to have the origional on a limited edition white picture disc and always ejoyed this song, but when my brother introduced me to this Sonata Arctica version I nearly flipped!

It's very seldom that a cover version is better than the origional, but in this case the cover is downright awesome! It retains the same feel and mood of the origional and sounds very much the same, but adds a fresher more modern twist.

Despite the speed of the drums it doesn't actually feel faster even though it is quite a bit quicker.

Brilliant musicianship and awesome production make this a killer track - one of my favourites of the past decade and I'm still expecting a lot more from Sonata Arctica who get my vote for "Best Power Metal Band"!

No comments:

Post a Comment